Cliff Bungalow Calgary Real Estate
Cliff Bungalow is a Southwest inner-city Calgary neighbourhood closely connected with the Mission district, which shares its history and home styles. Some of Calgary’s oldest historic homes are in the Cliff Bungalow neighbourhood, although there exists a good mix of infill homes, townhouses, duplexes, condos and low-rise apartments. Read more about Cliff Bungalow real estate.
Cliff Bungalow Calgary Homes Information
Cliff Bungalow has the following boundaries:
North: Uptown 17th Avenue
South: Elbow River
East: Fourth Street
West: Mount Royal Neighbourhood
Cliff Bungalow real estate ranges from historic homes to modern infill homes, with a mixture of multi-family options including smaller apartment buildings, condominium units, townhomes and duplexes. Early residential construction was mostly single-famiy, including foursquare, cottage and bungalow styles and their derivatives.
Mature trees line the streets of this neighbourhood, planted back when Cliff Bungalow was a popular area for the upper-middle-class to settle with their families. The City Beautiful movement played a part in getting trees and shrubbery installed in public areas and the results are impressive a century later.
Cliff Bungalow real estate is less than 3 km away from Downtown Calgary and all the shops, services and career opportunities it offers.
The area is home to the Holy Cross Centre, which contains a number of specialists and advanced medical services.
Parks in the area include Earl Grey Park, the Lindsay Park Athletic Centre (across the Bow River), and farther south, Roxboro and Stanley parks lie along the river.
Cliff Bungalow, alongside Mission, was developed on land originally owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway. Between 1906 and 1912, the area was annexed progressively to the City of Calgary and was first built with homes in this time.
The land where the present-day neighbourhood of Cliff Bungalow lies was bounded by 4th street to the west, the cliff/escarpment to the east and north of 17th Avenue. It used to be called “Addition to the City of Calgary”. This name, while certainly descriptive, probably lacked something in aesthetics, as it was changed to Cliff Bungalow in the 1970s.
Contact Lina Horner to find out more about Cliff Bungalow homes.