Tagged : Christmas
There are currently 7 blog entries matching this tag.
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 at 11:20pm. 307 Views, 0 Comments.
Whether it’s Christmas, New Year’s, or any day in between – you’re probably entertaining at some point in the coming weeks. You might even be surprised with some last-minute guests; will your home be ready?
Rather than stressing yourself out about getting everything just right, fake a perfectly-cleaned house so you can spend your time enjoying the company of your friends and family. Here’s how:
1. Declutter: get rid of mail, magazines, and any other papers you may have laying around; put them away for sorting at another time. If you’ve got a wide assortment of small appliances and decorative items on your kitchen counters, put them in the cupboard while your guests are there. Your kitchen can be as clean as they come, but if it’s cluttered up, it’s…
Friday, November 30th, 2012 at 9:25am. 877 Views, 6 Comments.
Feel that wallet burning a hole through your pocket yet? This time of year is anything but inexpensive, and it can be hard to get a hold on your budget. Make the most of the season by keeping track of gifts and spending, getting crafty, and making gifts just a little more meaningful.
Here are five easy ways to stay on budget this holiday season:
1. MAKE A LIST: Think of everyone you need to get a gift for and write it down. Make four columns in your list; one for the person’s name, another for how much you’d like to spend, another for potential gift ideas or themes (does this person love baking, golfing, or music? Make a note of it!), and another one blank to fill in once you’ve purchased the gift. This will help your holiday purchasing go by more…
Friday, November 23rd, 2012 at 8:55am. 831 Views, 1 Comments.
Tis the season for Christmas parties, family get-togethers, and cocktail parties; and with that comes host and hostess gifts! It’s always tough to know what to get for the host when attending a party or event at someone’s house, so we’re making it easy for you.
Here are seven affordable host and hostess gift ideas for you this holiday season:
1. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling: $12.92 from Chapters
2. Capri Blue Mercury Glass Jar Candle: $28.00 from Anthropologie
3. Areaware Bottle Opener: $18.00 from Chapters
4. Barbecue Season Spice Set: $33.99 from Silk Road Spices
5. Cucina Deluxe Trio: Coriander and Olive Tree: $44.00 from Fruits & Passion
6. Set of Six Wine Glass Charms: $25.63…
Thursday, November 8th, 2012 at 7:47pm. 1069 Views, 0 Comments.
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas, isn’t it? It’s not even winter yet, but all of this fluffy snow makes it seem like the holidays are just around the corner. Come November 16-18, and 23-25, the holiday will be much more than a feeling; thanks to the Spruce Meadows Christmas Market.
This annual six-day sale features 200 vendors, including hand-crafted gifts, art, clothing and accessories, jewelry, and more. There’s also live music, animals, dancing, and great food – you know, to balance out all that shopping!
Here are the Market details:
- DATES November 16-18, 23-25
- HOURS Friday: 10am-8pm, Saturday: 10am-7pm, Sunday: 10am-5pm
- PRICES General tickets: $10, Multi-Day Pass: $20, Seniors (65+): free, Children (12 and Under): free, Shuttle &…
Friday, December 16th, 2011 at 12:47pm. 934 Views, 0 Comments.
We’ve all experienced this: a last-minute guest shows up, a neighbor comes to the door, a co-worker pops by your desk – with a gift. It’s not an ideal situation, but if you’re prepared, you’ll be ready for any unexpected gift-giver.
Here are 5 inexpensive, good for anyone gifts that will make sure the only surprises this holiday season are good ones.
1. PURDY’S CHOCOLATES: You can’t go wrong with chocolate! Just make sure you get the good ones; head to Purdy’s and pick up a few boxes of assorted filled chocolates or truffles (or keep it classic with Hedgehogs). They range greatly in price (from about $10-75), so they won’t break the bank. FIND THEM: locations at www.purdys.com
Photo: Pier 1
2. ORNAMENTS: Both Urban Barn…
Thursday, November 10th, 2011 at 7:40am. 1605 Views, 0 Comments.
The holidays are the perfect time of year to give back to the community; while it’s great to help out year round, there’s always a little extra need during this season. So, if you’re looking for a way to start volunteering, here are 5 great ways to do so in and around Calgary during the holidays:
Image: Hillhurst United
1. Head to the Mustard Seed: There’s plenty of opportunity at the Seed at this time of year, from Christmas Card making to Dinner Service. Volunteer as a family, group, or individual – there are activities for essentially any age. Check out the Mustard Seed’s website for more details.
2. Adopt-a-Family: This is a program run through CUPS that provides gifts for an entire family. It’s a great option for a group of people (like an office,…
Monday, October 31st, 2011 at 10:07pm. 2324 Views, 0 Comments.
Now that Thanksgiving and Halloween are over, the holiday season is officially here. Lights are already going up around the city, and stores have stocked their shelves with Christmas decorations, wrapping paper, and just about anything holiday-related!
It’s so easy to get caught up in the stress of the season – shopping, parties – it just never seems to stop. But then there are those who not only manage to get past that, but make a point of giving back to the community as well.
We at Smart Calgary Homes want to reward the people of Calgary who do great things for others during the holidays, by giving them a hand with their holiday shopping. We’re going to give away a $200 Cadillac Fairview shop! card, which can be used at any Cadillac Fairview shopping…
- Sign In
Log in, to view your saved searches and add to your favorite listings.
- Join Today