Free Home Search
6 Ways to Save Money at the Calgary StampedeSmart Calgary Homes Blogging Team on Friday, July 6th, 2012 at 1:38pm.
Here are 6 ways to save money at the Calgary Stampede:
1. Check for coupons and savings: There are a couple different ways to save on your admission to the Calgary Stampede. 1) Head to Mac’s and pick up two Stampede admissions for $25, and receive any two 591ml Coca-Cola products for free! And 2) pick up a 12-pack of participating coke products, and use the coupon on the box for a free kid’s admission.
2. Bring your own food: of course the food is part of the reason to go to the Stampede… corn dogs, mini doughnuts, fried – well, fried anything! But sustaining yourself solely on Stampede grub is unhealthy for you and for your wallet. If you’re heading to the fairgrounds for the day, pack a healthy sandwich or wrap and some nutritious snacks (think fruit, nuts, etc.) to offset the poor effects on your health and your bank account.
3. Keep hydrated: Don’t pay the jacked up prices for bottled water while you’re out on your Stampede adventure! Take a refillable bottle of your own and fill it up throughout the day. You’ll save big bucks, and prevent heat exhaustion (an all too common affliction during the hot days on the midway!).
4. Go on cheap days: Sunday, July 8th, is Family Day! This includes free admission from 6-9am, and free breakfast for the first 20,000 guests (from 7-9:30am in the Grandstand Courtyard). Tuesday, July 10th is Western Heritage Day, which means seniors get in free, can enjoy free coffee, juice, and doughnuts between 8-10am in the Stampede Corral, and get many other perks (free Skyride, free standing tickets to the rodeo, etc.). Wednesday, July 11th, is Kid’s Day, and children 12 and under (and accompanying adults) get free admission between 6-9am, free breakfast, and a free morning show at the Grandstand.
5. Fill up on flapjacks: at what other time of year could you eat a delicious breakfast for free, for 10 days straight? Head to Flapjackfinder.com (or download the app) to find pancake breakfasts in your area, and enjoy your food coma.
6. Buy your cowboy gear off the grounds: stores all over the city bring in the cowfolk gear – so if you’re going to partake in the Stampede fashion, get your garb at the mall or other local clothing shops (purchasing it from the vendors on the grounds tends to be much more costly). Also, don’t forget how versatile your wardrobe is already; opt for jeans and a button-up shirt (plaid, preferably) and a nice big belt and you’ll be set.
What are your favourite ways to save at the Calgary Stampede? Head over to our Facebook page and share!
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!
Leave a Comment
- Sign In
Log in, to view your saved searches and add to your favorite listings.
- Join Today