There are 4 blog entries for June 2012.
Friday, June 29th, 2012 at 7:33am. 1365 Views, 0 Comments.
Summertime has arrived and while it’s nice to finally see some sunshine, that sun can heat up our homes, increase our bills (air conditioning can be pricey!), and leave us hot and uncomfortable by the end of the day. There are ways to keep cool and not break the bank, however.
Photo Credit: Widecraft.com
Here are 5 easy tips to help you and your family beat the heat:
1. Install a ceiling fan: ceiling fans are much cheaper to install and run than air conditioners, and will reduce the temperature of a room (or area of your home) by three or four degrees on average. Make sure you have the fan running in the correct direction, and that you can feel the air blowing down (the reverse way helps keep your home warm in the winter).
2. Close the curtains: invest in…
Friday, June 22nd, 2012 at 8:01am. 296 Views, 0 Comments.
Today is great for two reasons: 1. It’s Friday (a sunny one so far!), and 2. We’ve got a winner for our CRMR contest!
Congratulations, Caitlin M., you’ve won a $200 Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts gift card to spend at any CRMR restaurant, shop, or lodge! Here’s Caitlin’s winning answer, “On my summer to do list - pick a venue for my wedding next year (hmm CRMR related perhaps?), head to BC to see my favorite band in concert and hopefully spend lots of time outdoors visiting with friends, especially those from out of town!”
Caitlin was chosen via Random.org. Stay tuned for our next contest, coming up next week
Friday, June 15th, 2012 at 11:04am. 395 Views, 0 Comments.
It’s father’s day this weekend, and we want you to celebrate dad right! Skip the stress, get the perfect gift, and whip him up a delicious grilled dinner.
Here are three links that will help you make dad’s day great:
1. Grill the Best Steak of Your Life in 6 Steps (from theKitchn): you can’t go wrong if you offer up a nice, juicy steak with dad on Father’s Day; but you can go wrong with the grilling of the steak. Check out this link for theKitchn’s best grilling tips.
2. 10 Fabulous Father’s Day Gifts (from Style at Home): Fathers can be tough to shop for! Style at Home has come to the rescue, however, so you can find the perfect gift for dad.
3. 99 Bottles: The Avenue Summer Beer Guide (from Avenue): If your dad enjoys a cold one on a…
Friday, June 8th, 2012 at 9:15am. 1625 Views, 0 Comments.
During the summer months, it’s easy for certain parts of your home to get a little unorganized; the garage is one of them, especially if you have children. Sports equipment, bicycles, skateboards, sidewalk chalk, and sprinklers litter the ground of most garages; while winter ski and snowboard accessories, fishing tackle, and camping supplies are just a few other space-takers.
So how do you keep it organized? Here are 5 space-saving tips for your garage this summer:
1. Make space: do a once over of your garage and get rid of anything you don’t need or use (if there’s a lot of it, organize a garage sale!). Next, move out of season goods, like skis and snowboards out of the way. Keep them in the back of the garage, or even move them into a closet or the…
- Sign In
Log in, to view your saved searches and add to your favorite listings.
- Join Today